Insurance for strata titles properties
Since 1978, CHU has been specifically focused on insuring strata title properties. CHU’s strata insurance products cover the structure of the building in case of malicious or accidental damage and even protect you in the event of a major disaster such as fire, storm or flood. All common property managed by the owners corporation (also known as the body corporate) is not just limited to repair and replacement in the event of damage but also provides for compensation claims to be made regarding incidents that may occur on the strata title property.
All states require owners committees to maintain adequate strata insurance to protect the owners corporation, the individual owners of the lots which make up the scheme, and those who live, work visit or interact with the building. From replacing stolen items to paying out a personal injury claim, costs can be completely unexpected.
Repairs, recovery and replacement are covered
Our specialised strata insurance covers the owners corporation for the cost of damage and repairs to common property and common area contents including:
- Cover for the building fabric itself
- Repairs following accidental or malicious damage to common areas and common property
- Repairs to common equipment and common appliances such as shared laundry equipment, lifts and swimming pools
- Cost of replacing stolen contents owned by the corporation such as lobby furniture, LCD notice boards etc.
- Recovery after a major disaster including emergency accommodation
CHU Strata Insurance offers the following cover for
- Damage to the building and common area contents
- Legal liability to others in the event of personal injury or property damage
- Protection for voluntary workers
- Fraudulent misappropriation of funds
- Office bearers’ legal liability
- Machinery breakdown
- Catastrophe insurance
- Government audit costs
- Appeal expenses and legal defence expenses
Does your building have both residential and commercial tenants?
CHU Commercial Strata Insurance is designed to cover the needs of mixed-use buildings – even where your property only has a handful of commercial tenants.
Different laws govern different states
CHU covers over 100,000 strata properties across Australia, but because we have local offices we’re able to keep across each state’s unique requirements as part of our service.
Want to know more about strata in your state?