Get a quote
Skip to Main Content

Landlord Insurance

Complete landlord insurance - a market leading rate

Landlord insurance is a tax deductable insurance that protects you against loss or damage to your investment property with new for old replacement.

Get a free quote 10% off your landlord insurance quote

CHU Landlord Insurance for apartments, units, villas and townhouses offers you complete insurance; so you can continue to receive rent if you tenant defaults, suddenly departs of damages your property so that is unfit to be occupied.

You’re also covered with a market leading price, 21 day cooling off period and $0 cancellation fee. Plus with our new for old replacement and 24/7 online claims service and emergency assistance your property will be back to normal sooner.

Get a quick quote in less than 2 minutes to compare our cover and see how you can save on your landlord insurance, plus save an additional 10% if you apply by Dec 31.

Get a free quote 

Important documents

PDS and policy Landlords Insurance Flyer

Want to know more about strata in your state?

Frequently asked questions

  • What is landlord insurance and do I need it?

    It’s insurance cover for strata property owners who are renting out a unit/apartment to tenants. It is important as it provides cover for accidental loss or damage to contents in your unit from events such as fire, flood or storms. It covers items such as carpets, light fixtures, built-in wardrobes and kitchen cupboards as well as loss of rent if the unit is unfit to be occupied. Additionally, it covers you and your investment property for malicious damage to contents/buildings caused by tenants and/or their guests. It also covers you if your tenant fails to pay rent.

  • Do I need landlord insurance when my building has Strata Building Insurance?

    Yes, Residential Strata Insurance only provides general ,insurance cover for the building, common/shared property
    and common/shared contents. The cover provided by the Strata Building policy ends when you cross the threshold of your individual property. Landlords Insurance protects you for tenant related loss/damage inside your property.

  • What is a Strata property?

    Lots are individual units, flats, apartments, townhouses, villas or duplexes. Common Property is the shared items in scheme such as common stairwells, driveways, visitor parking, roofs, gardens, lifts, gyms, pool etc. Strata living can provide a friendly community-style environment but differs from living in a freestanding house.

Home Insurance Insights and News

Your source of insurance insights, news and information.

*The value of your claims must exceed the amount of your excess.