No need to upgrade your contents insurance – it’s all included at a market leading rate
CHU specialises in providing comprehensive contents insurance for apartments, units, villas and townhouses.
Unlike other contents insurances CHU offers comprehensive insurance, meaning your covered for loss or damage to your personal contents of your property from liability, theft, water damage, fire and storms without the need to purchase ‘optional extras’. Get a quote to compare your inclusions and see how much you can save.
What does content insurance cover?:
Our Contents Insurance policy gives you protection against loss or damage of household and personal items (clothing, jewellery, furniture, computers, carpets, appliances etc.) across a range of different situations:
Theft & Burglary
Items away from home
Escape of liquid
The following features are standard inclusions with CHU Contents Insurance, no need to upgrade or purchase extras:
- Motor burnout: Up to $2,000 to repair or replace the motor of household equipment and appliances less than 10 years old
- Flood cover: Cover for loss or damage caused by flooded rivers, creeks and other bodies of water
- Portable contents: Insures portable items like phones, electricals and jewellery that you take out with you or that are temporarily in transit.
- New for old replacement: Loss or damage from specified events which includes events such as fire, storm, malicious damage and theft
- 21 day cooling off period with $0 cancellation fee: You can cancel your insurance within the first 21 days for a full refund. You may also cancel your policy at any time for a pro-rated refund.
- Legal Liability: Covering you for up to 30,000,000 for the death or injury to someone in your property. You will also be covered defending a claim.
Why Choose CHU?
Multi award winning
Over 900,000 properties protected
40 years of insurance expertise
Why is liability insurance important?
If someone has an accident on your property, is injured from something that is a part of your property or causes damage to their property you may be found legally liable and be forced to pay damages.
Accidents can and do happen at any time, and if someone suffers an accidental injury while on your property then the financial impact could be significant.
To protect yourself it’s important to be sure your contents policy includes legal liability. CHU Landlord Insurance automatically includes legal liability to protect cover you against personal injury or property damage for:
- Death or injury to other people
- Loss or damage to someone else’s property
Important Documents and Forms
PDS and policy wording
Contents Insurance Flyer